ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The word steward, which means "manager," is mentioned several times in the Bible. Sometimes the actual term is used, and sometimes its discussed in principle.
The Stewardship Department acknowledges God as Creator and, therefore, the owner of everything in the world; our positive response to God is dedicating ourselves and all that we have to His glory and Honour and living our lives to be a blessing to others. However, God empowers us as managers of the benefits He gives us. He has entrusted us with time and opportunities, abilities and possessions, and the blessings of the earth and its resources.
But what does it mean to "manage" our blessings? What about the things in life that aren't exactly blessings? How does the Bible advise us in proper stewardship?
Following the strategic plan of 'I will Go', The stewardship department will encourage all church ministries to nurture members and embrace stewardship principles.
We will seek to promote the Eight Pillars of Stewardship
- Body Temple: Genesis 2:7 & 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Terra: Genesis 2:15 & Genesis 1:28
- Talents: Matthew 25:14-30
- Time: Matthew 6:33 & Exodus 20:3
- Technology: Ecclesiastes 3:1-10
- Ties: Romans 12:17-18
- Treasure: Haggai 2:8 & Proverbs 3:9
OUR DEPARTMENT'S OBJECTIVES
The Stewardship Ministries department's mandate is to focus, but not exclusively, on inviting members to trust God as owner and provider and to partner with God in this final mission through regular and systematic giving.
- God first principle - focuses on the Eight main pillars: Listed above.
- How to manage our finances God's way - looking at God's plan for financial freedom
- A commitment to honour God by the use of time and resources
- Increase in number of stewardship leaders across the conference (current sixteen)
- Overall increase in tithe through systematic giving
- Working with the BUC on promoting App for giving of tithe or offerings or exploring digital options for giving
- Inspire the membership with the use of media within the stewardship department
- Educate members through redefining stewardship and its impact on their lives in the light of eternity
- Implement stewardship through training, collaboration, and the development of resources.
- To set up a system within our areas around helping members with budgeting and debt counselling by forming partnerships with organisations such as Christians Against Poverty.
- Promoting awareness days across the areas of the conference in conjunction with the treasury team across the six areas
All church members, including prospective ones, should receive adequate training in regular and systematic giving and be made aware of their responsibility of equitably supporting the local Church, Conference, and worldwide mission. Training will be given in managing personal finances and other relevant topics based on the Bible, Ellen G. White's books Counsels on Stewardship and other writings.
- Spiritual Empowerment: Members are nurtured spiritually, focusing on the God-first principle through home visitations, weekly offertory devotionals, regular stewardship sermons, annual commitment ceremonies, and other relevant activities.
- Education: All segments of the church membership, including prospective members, should receive adequate training in regular and systematic giving, in their responsibility of supporting the local and worldwide mission equitably, in management of personal finances, and other relevant topics based on the Bible, Ellen G. White's book, Counsels on Stewardship, and her other writings.
- Accountability and Transparency: Stewardship leaders encourage and work together with the church's leadership to establish an internal control system, comply with the Use of Tithe guidelines, assist in ensuring that regular financial information is provided to all members, and engage in other actions that contribute to building trust.
- Share the weekly offertory devotionals (readings and videos)
- Share the Stewardship monthly God-First newsletter.
- Share the quarterly Dynamic Stewards magazine.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- All local churches and the local conferences should report on the execution of the lead measures to the next higher organisation at least once a year.
- Account, Review and Plan (ARP) meetings should be held at least once a year and involve stewardship leaders and their counterparts at the next higher organisation to discuss the achievement of the goal and the execution of lead measures.
General Conference Stewardship Newsletter
Subscribe to the free General Conference stewardship newsletter by clicking here.
- General Conference Stewardship Department: stewardship.adventist.org
- Trans-European Division Stewardship Ministries: ted.adventist.org/stewardship
- Stewardship Week of Revival: Download here
- Mental Health Awareness Week: www.youtu.be/cPDmwKK5ytU
- Energy Crisis: www.premierchristian.news/us/news/article/outrageous-rise-in-energy-price-cap-will-lead-to-winter-of-destitution-says-christians-against-poverty
- God Will Provide Video Clip: https://www.interamerica.org/department/stewardship-ministries/
- Responsibilities of Stewards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYExL1zHuI0
- What is Stewardship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexjUqXYcts&t=3s
- 2022 Tithe and Offerings Devotional Readings and Videos: https://stewardship.adventist.org/2022-tithe-and-offerings-devotional-readings
- 2022 God First Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBYVF9vUvnc&list=PL0lsI3JUv3 A59iPaCFOG61douGF0lyBo9
- 2021 Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0lsI3JUv3A6BQ6WHPdBfLz JQktPQWQkL
- 2020 Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0lsI3JUv3A4mx- y6j_Fuza_ggHVLTWz9
- Dynamic Steward (Jan-Mar 2023):https://stewardship.adventist.org/2023-26-1.pdf
Adult Sabbath School Lessons (2023, Q1)
- Lesson 1: Part of God’s Family
- Lesson 2: God's Covenant With Us
- Lesson 3: The Tithing Contract
- Lesson 4: Offerings for Jesus
- Lesson 5: Dealing With Debt
- Video: https://youtu.be/5-Ktj-yn8dw
- Lesson 6: Laying Up Treasures In Heaven
- Video: https://youtu.be/ITEvFAqx6n4
- Lesson 7: Unto The Least Of These
- Video: https://youtu.be/gW3L8b2IRTM
- Lesson 8: Planning For Success
- Video: https://youtu.be/sivx4oUlL5k