Proposed New NEC Constitution
The NEC Session will be held from Wednesday 8 to Friday 10 September 2021. In this short space of time a great deal of business needs to be conducted, including:
- Appointing a recommendation committee
- Appointing a nominating committee
- Hearing various reports
- Voting new officers
- Voting new executive committee members
- Voting new departmental directors
- Voting new credentials and licences for the next quadrennium
- Approving a strategic plan
These are just some of the main items of business, but one crucial matter that must be dealt with is the adoption of a new constitution. The current constitution dates back to 2012 and now must be updated to bring us in to line with UK charity law and the General Conference Model Conference Constitution.
The purpose of this collection of webpages and documents is to explain how the NEC has arrived at the version of the proposed new NEC constutition which will be presented to the delegates at the session.