Proposed New NEC Constitution
The NEC Session was initially scheduled to be held from Wednesday 23 to Friday 25 September 2020. However, due to the COVID 19 pandemic it has now been rescheduled to 2021. Despite this, we need to be prepared for action. In the short period of the Session a great deal of business needs to be conducted, including:
- Appointing a recommendation committee
- Appointing a nominating committee
- Hearing various reports
- Voting new officers
- Voting new executive committee members
- Voting new departmental directors
- Voting new credentials and licences for the next quadrennium
- Approving a strategic plan
These are just some of the main items of business, but one crucial matter that must be dealt with is the adoption of a new constitution. The current constitution dates back to 2012 and now must be updated to bring us in to line with UK charity law and the General Conference Model Conference Constitution.
The purpose of this collection of webpages and documents is to guide you through the process of developing a new constitution for the NEC, so that as many questions as possible can be answered before the session itself.